Saturday, November 18, 2006

Contemporary Classical!


Oh man, this is one of my all time favourite classical pieces, so I was very apprehensive when I first started watching the video. But then I started to see how talented this guy is! Take a look at how he's turned a piece, which has probably been performed to death, into something that sounds like an original piece of work. Used to listen to this piece a lot when I was studying with my ex-housemate in Perth. Brings back fond memories!

8 Comments:

Blogger James said...

hearing this gave me chills.

i want to give someone money and get a copy.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Scorpioboi said...

Yea me too...bloody fantastic!! Just found out this guy's also been featured by The New York Times recently!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

superb fingering techniques!

r

11:41 PM  
Blogger Scorpioboi said...

Oh my gawd..did you really have to?

2:24 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Hey, i just found another video clip of this music with another person playing the electric guitar of the same piece except that he has his face show and based in taiwan.

Hmm copycat?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Scorpioboi said...

I don't know you know...maybe, you reckon? This was the clip that was passed to me by a couple of people.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funtwo was featured in the NYTimes in August:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/27/arts/television/27heff.html

And on one of the blogs on your blogroll (DSNG) on 30th Aug.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Scorpioboi said...

Ok, so we can confirm that this guy is the original. Thanks for that.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home