Tuesday, May 16, 2006




The mobile phone incident at the center of controversy in Hong Kong at the moment, and has now taken radio airwaves by storm. Here, the younger passenger told the older man not to talk so loudly on his phone. He ended up getting a mouthful of abuses from the old man. (Apologies for not being able to provide subtitles.) Most talkback radio listeners who have responded so far say they are for the younger passenger, signifying changes to social attitudes in HK.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...i could only understand about 40% of that doh!

what i dont get is, why didn't anyone step in to stop these two?? If I were on the bus (it was a bus, right?), I would have told both of them to shut the fuck up.

Plus, if I were the younger dude, I would have told the old guy to piss off in no uncertain terms. Or just move seats.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Scorpioboi said...

Yea, interesting huh...notice how they also shook hands at one point, while the older dude was still cursing him. How strange. Apparently, a lot of people have applauded the younger guy for his courage in the whole situation. I would personally also applaud the person who recorded this whole conversation. True "journalism". Hahaha...(of course I couldn't understand everything that they said cos I don't speak Canto!...just got the jist of the conversation...)

2:46 AM  
Blogger Bush Frog said...

the old man said 'fuck your mother'. i think he felt sorry for that, so he shook hands with the boy, telling him not to sue him. The boy replied that the issue was between him and the guy, no need to bring in his mum (so beng). The man got angry again saying that they shook hands already, the boy has no right to call the cops as they made a pact.

as my grand-dad would say, that guy 'tau chee chor jgoh xin' (wires in head connected wrongly).

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sense a lost in translation here. there was no words about "suing" or "police" here. after shaking hands, the old man was still going on n on abt fucking this n tht. the young guy got insulted and said "i warn you" (geng gou - not sue "gou"), dont bring mum into this. tht old man went on saying when i said "fuck your mum does it mean i really stick my tool into ur mum? its just a Chinese curse. i can fuck who ever i want..." it went on n on... but no legal blackmail.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home