Indeed, joining in the celebrations of the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony last night has lifted my spirits quite a bit. Fashion capital, cultural capital and now, truly a sporting capital. The performance (to the world) was just spectacular. And though I've been here only a month, I'm already starting to feel proud of this city. Wherever life's going to take me after July next year (Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore), I'm definitely not wasting any time, especially since this is what I wanted to do. Going to make the best out of the next 14 months. On another note, Bad Girl's due to arrive any time now! So excited...and I'll be back in Singapore in just 5 days in time to attend the opening of The Cathay!


2 Comments:
Yah lah! All is not that bad. I have to agree that the Yarra River looks majestic. A very innovative way of carrying the Queen's message. And I was wondering what were the floats for when I was there.
You are living your next 14 months in a vibrant city. There is so much for you to do and explore. Dun spend your time at home mulling over unnecessary thoughts. Just robbing you of precious time with the city.
Live your dreams and make them come true. Whatever you decide to do after this is up to you. You can move back to SG, Australia or anywhere you wish in the world. The sky is the limit.
Let us see some enthusiasm and ur outfit on the red carpet! =)
Haha! I'm getting so excited bout the red carpet! Btw, did you notice that on the base of the floats were flags of the 72 countries in the Commonwealth? Thought it was kinda rude for the baton relay people to walk over each and every country's flag while passing the baton. Innovative nonetheless. It was just amazing how the top of buildings just started bursting out in fireworks! Should have been here. Where BLOODY were you guys?? :p
Post a Comment
<< Home